3/24/17

Excerpt from the Pickleball Forum

This article by a Pickleball Forum member, Micky Knapton, might help some of you establish drill goals:
"I am a huge advocate of drilling. I've been thinking a lot about how i wish someone would have been there to guide me through the drill process when i was coming up. Here is my attempt to help some of you awsome newcomers out there. This is my observations on what i feel the main focus of drilling should be at the different skill levels, to give you an advantage. Now, i will start by saying all drills should be practiced through all the levels but this is a list that i believe will help you go though the ranks the quickest way.
2.5 to 3.5 
Drill your 3rd shot the most!!! 
3.5 to 4.0
Drill your cross court dink game the most. Forehand and backhand 
4.0 to 4.5
Foot work, foot work foot work. Move your body! cut down on reaching for shots. I highly recommend watching matches with Daniel Moore in them. He's one of my favorite foot work players.  
4.5 to 5.0
This is probably the most difficult jump for most players to make. At this stage you should be drilling everything pretty equally and you will know what your good at and what you need to drill more.
I can tell you one of the big differences at this stage is mastering the reset.
Focus on using your whole body when drilling. Every movement should start from your core. Picture in your mind a top level 5.0. Every drop, every drive, every dink involves the whole body! 
Hope this will help some of you out there