1. The Executive remains committed to adding four (4) additional outdoor courts to the current Pickleball location. Applications for funding have been submitted and will be reviewed early in 2017.
2. The Annual General Meeting of the Penticton Pickleball Club will be held on October 5th @ 7:00 pm at the South Main Drop-in Center. Everyone is welcome to attend. A “Call for Nominations” to establish a new Board along with a list of job descriptions will be sent to every member. Job descriptions can also be accessed on the "contact us" page. Members who have put their name forward for election so far are:
- President - Mark Tamblyn
- Vice President/Programming Chair - Paul Trustham
- Treasurer - Kim Coleman
- Secretary - Angela Sielmann
- Director 1 - Membership Chair - Janice Clarey
- Director 2 - Fundraising Chair - Mike Wood
- additional names can be forwarded to the Nomination Chairman, Gary Gierlich, by September 23rd. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor at the AGM. Note: If you are interested in running for a position, please read the job description before forwarding your name to Gary Gerlich.
4. A new Risk Management Plan has been approved and accepted by the Board. A copy of the plan is available on the website.
5. The Programming Committee is working on the 2017 schedule. These are some proposed changes:
- Friday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm to become Men's day. reversed - will stay as Thursday
- Thursday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm to become 3.0 RR. reversed - will stay as Friday.
- No more drills from 10:00 am to 11:00 am - instead there will be clinics on Saturday afternoon between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
- Wednesday 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm will be drop-in.
- Saturday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm to become Ladies Advanced.