1. A tentative opening date for the outside courts is September 30th (depends when Tomco puts on the topcoat and when the Contractor signs off). Stay tuned!
2. A usage agreement with PPC and the Penticton Recreation Centre for the outdoor courts will be drafted by next Spring. We can't sponsor any club activities on the courts until we have a completed agreement and liability insurance. Therefore we will be playing on the courts in public access time this fall.
3. Membership forms will be available in the lobby on September 21st. See Janice or Janis. They will also be available at the Oct. 3rd tournament. Executive members also have membership forms, and of course, they are available on this website. Why sign up now? It helps our club start to acquire equipment for next Spring, such as balls, squeezies, paddle board, and miscellaneous supplies. Also, Jack has a deal for you which he will be announcing in his next newsletter.
4. The Construction/Operations committee is working on plans for a meeting/socializing area at the courts. In addition they are also checking out the pricing on interior fencing to see if it is something we can afford to do in the future. We are seeking donations to help with these extra costs. If you signed up last Fall to be on this committee let Terry know you still want to be involved. Members only.
5. Members will be given an opportunity to join the programming committee at the Sept. 21st General meeting.